Sunday, June 23, 2013

In the Storm


Since there's a storm going on all around us, I thought it befitting my next completed horse showcase be of the Stormwatch resin. This guy is a lot of people's favorite resin and it's not hard to see why. He has an enormous amount of presence! And frankly, his head is probably the finest in the hobby.


He was a long time coming for his owner! I just kept finding little spots I wanted to fix up. There comes a point when you just have to learn to call a model done or you will have it for the rest of your life though. I think I'm like that with just about all my grays. 




There is a lot of detail in this guy, though it's really hard to spot in the photos. Many individually painted hairs exist on this piece!



On come those fantabulous head shots. You can kinda sorta begin to see the little hairing detail this guy sports. I love the way his paint job came out on his face!




Is it even possible to put a bad paint job on this face? Probably not.


Stormy was a commission, but I do believe his owner is getting out of the hobby, so you may see him come up for sale shortly!

No comments: