Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cantering WB - finished the sculpey part!

So, still no name as of yet, though I do have a few in mind that I'm narrowing it down from. I've finished all the work I want to do with the Sculpey, baked him, and will be making my waste mold of him tomorrow!


 There are plenty of little tweaks this guy needs! I won't go into pointing them all out but the big ones will be cleaning up the hoofies - like sanding down a lot from that front left one and building up some more on that back left one - finishing the tail, sanding smooth the sections I worked on him in so that they all blend together fluidly with no bumps/breaks/cracks, fixing the areas where the sculpey cracked, and adding veins/details/shoes.


 Once I get the feet sized right and more even with the others I'll sculpt the bottom of the hooves on before sculpting on shoes.


 It's much easier to work on a sturdy, cast-as-one-piece resin form for this stuff than risk putting too much pressure on a sculpey piece and having it break off.    



1 comment:

mojotwist said...

he's gorgeous, like you said a few minor things need to be worked out. I personally think his muscles should be toned down a bit, but wonderful, wonderful work. I love it.